Welcome back to unreality with a mix of archive tracks from Paradox Room’s bulging library. A broad melting pot of the finest tunes. Put your nose to the window. Come inside and try our sweets. You’ll come back. You always do.
Here we go then. Our pick of the best albums of 2018. A writhing sackful of surprises from Yama Warashi, Thee Oh Sees, Elephant9, Pigs(x7) and many more. The perfect accompaniment to whatever you’ll shove down your aching pie-hole over the holiday period. No leftovers here. Just the finest 12-bird sonic roast.
Here it is, pop-pickers. Our Top 10 list of 2018. Some surprises, some comfy slippers, some ‘what the fuck’ moments. All packed nicely and ready to open for our Yuletide Special.
- Boiled Moon by Yama Warashi
- Sauvage Forms by Orchestre tout Puissant Marcel Duchamp
- Life of by Steve Tibbetts
- Smote Reverser by Thee Oh Sees
- Listening to Pictures by Jon Hassell
- Du Bist so Symmetrisch by Klaus Johann Grobe
- Greatest Show on Earth by Elephant9
- Phantom Brickworks (IV & V) by Bibio
- Le Kov by Gwenno
- Masana Temples by Kikagaku Moyo
- Con Todo El Mundo by Khruangbin
- >>> by Beak
- King of Cowards by Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs
December’s show is one of our best so far. A fine eclectic mix that you won’t find anywhere else. Come in and join us. We only ask that you open your head and let us pour the sound in.
Another fine mix of sounds and spaces, featuring Jon Hassell, Gwenno, Jane Weaver, Interpol, The Orb and Khruangbin to mention but a few. All interspersed with some delights from our library music collection. Come in out of the rain, pull up a chair and spend a nice hour cwtching with us.
A call for anyone who wants to feature a show for us. All you need to do is send us a CD featuring 1-2 hours of your favourite stuff (MP3 format) or a compete mix, and we’ll work the magic. One rule: make it different, make it eclectic. Contact us
Blog: It’s 1977; and we all go wild swimming with Alan Freeman. Read about it Here